Sunday, August 22, 2010

234/365

One Thousand Cranes

"An ancient Japanese legend promises that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by a crane, such as long life or recovery from illness or injury." (Wikipedia)

Well, I can't say I'm going to make a thousand of these guys, but they are fun to make. (Though they make my fingers ache after a while - especially the smaller ones. Note: crane made out of Starburst wrapper) I made most (if not all) of these guys while rewatching bits and pieces of Lost today. Bits and pieces that had Michael Emerson/Benjamin Linus in them, that is. And only them (though, as a true fangirl, I couldn't just skip over the random times Desmond would pop up with his notorious unbuttoned shirts and wavy hair). 

I can't really remember why I wanted to make a paper origami crane in the first place. I believe it was just something I had always wanted to learn to do, especially after seeing the episode of Heroes where Hiro makes 1,000 cranes for Charlie. How cute were they? Besides, I'm biased - Jayma Mays is big-eyed and ginger. Also, she's on Glee, but I didn't know that at the time I watched Heroes. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Template